Monday 5 May 2014

Yoghurt-Coated Chicken Chunks

For as long as I can remember, chicken nuggets have been a massive part of my life. I have been, and always be, obsessed with them. But this time, instead of buying them from a shop, I decided to make my own! These yoghurt-coated chicken chunks are amazing with homemade chips, mash, roast potatoes... anything that takes your fancy. 


Looks like chicken from a takeaway... but a LOT healthier!!

What I used:
I forgot to measure out the ingredients, so they are very rough... I just used what I thought looked the right
amount, and added bits where I needed to!


  • 3 mini chicken breasts (3 was slightly too much, so I'd probably use 2 next time)
  • Paxo natural breadcrumbs
  • A sprinkle of mixed herbs and salt
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • Natural Greek-style yoghurt
  • A drizzle of Flora vegetable oil
  • Small amounts of margerine


What I did:

  1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and prepare the ingredients.
  2. Prepare a glass roasting dish with a drizzle of oil.
  3. Cut the chicken breasts into rough chunks.
  4. Pour enough yoghurt into a bowl to coat all of the chicken. Stir the yoghurt until it is smooth and creamy, then add in the lemon juice and stir. 
  5. Pour the breadcrumbs into a separate bowl. Add enough herbs and salt to taste.
  6. Pick up each piece of chicken, either with your fingers or with tongs, and coat it in yoghurt. Make sure all of it is covered, but make sure it's not drowned in it - just enough for the breadcrumbs to stick!
  7. Transfer the yoghurt-coated chicken into the bowl of breadcrumbs and roll it about to get it completely covered.
  8. Place the coated chicken into the glass roasting dish. Repeat until all the chicken is covered. 
  9. Cover the dish loosely with foil and put it in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove, turn the chicken over and cook for a further 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy. 
  10. Remove from the oven and serve! 

You could serve this chicken with a lot of different things to make the meal that you fancy... pasta and cheese or tomato sauce, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes... you could even make your own chips and make it feel like you're eating a healthier takeaway! There are so many options, so have fun with it and experiment to make the perfect meal for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment